About Mason Roszel
Mason has been serving on Sugar Hill City Council since November of 2021.
Mason and his wife, Brandy, live near downtown Sugar Hill with their children, Collier, Shepherd and Peyton and their Goldendoodle, Lulah. Mason grew up close to Sugar Hill in Hall County where he found his love for building community through his time spent in scouting and on mission trips in high school. After achieving the Eagle Scout rank and graduating high school in Sugar Hill, Mason attended the United States Military Academy at West Point. This season provided a strong foundation of service that has fueled his desire to serve others. As newlyweds, Mason and Brandy purchased their first home in Sugar Hill and began to look for ways to get involved and build community.
Mason and Brandy are Foster Parents and are actively involved in the Foster Care community in Gwinnett. Mason helped to form the Sugar Hill Running Club, is actively involved at Gwinnett Church, serves on the School Council for Sugar Hill Elementary, leads regular community hikes and quarterly downtown cleanup days, and has served for over five years on the Sugar Hill Downtown Development Authority Board (DDA).
Outside of his role on the city council, Mason has spent the majority of his career working in technology sales, building executive relationships with large enterprises. Mason is passionate about stewarding the development of Sugar Hill toward reaching its incredible future potential.
Mason’s areas of focus include: encouraging community-influenced growth, maintaining clear communication between the council and community, protecting as well as activating Sugar Hill’s parks and greenspace and setting a high bar for Sugar Hill's downtown development.
Mason's Proven Results
1. Increased Community Greenspace: Completed first 5 miles of the Sugar Hill Greenway, built Goldmine Park and Ridge Lake Park (opening soon), supported the development of the city’s first Parks and Recreation master plan, protected and restored Crayfish Creek.
2. Lowered Taxes and Strengthened City's Financial Health: Increased the city's savings, supported annual independent financial audit, cut taxes by voting to lower the city's millage rate and supported three proposed homestead exemptions to decrease taxes further.
3. Improved Communication and Transparency between city and community: Championed monthly newsletters and management reports in both print and digital format, promoted the city’s interactive development map for citizens to see what projects are taking place, supported the new city and downtown websites to make it easier for community members to find what they need.
4. Strengthened Community Partnerships: Invested in building stronger relationships with our schools, businesses, and churches. Championed the Envision100 comprehensive plan to include feedback from individuals and community groups to help shape Sugar Hill’s next chapter.
5. Voted consistently for balanced, community-influenced growth and downtown development: Voted "NO" on proposed high-density housing that didn't align with the community-influenced comprehensive plan. Voted “YES” on new parks and greenspace, quality businesses and community amenities for our city and our downtown.
Sugar Hill is at a very important point in our city's evolution. As a community, we have the opportunity to shape the future of the Sweet City together, ensuring our best years are yet to come. I want to see Sugar Hill continue to become a thriving city where our citizens can live, work and play, throughout all seasons of life, while also preserving our small town charm for the next generation. I believe in a smart and balanced approach to growth and preservation, understanding that growth is inevitable but thoughtful planning maximizes the quality of life for all of us.
Living the Sweet Life
Sugar Hill's best years are ahead of us!
Vote to Re-elect Mason Roszel
City Council - Post 1
All voting takes place at Sugar Hill City Hall
5039 W Broad St NE, Sugar Hill, GA 30518
Early Voting: October 16th - November 3rd
9am-5pm Daily (excluding Sundays)
Election Day: November 7th, 2023